Beautiful Monday Roll Call

IdaMae D.
on 9/10/12 7:02 am - Philadelphia, PA
Good Morning PA!

What a beautiful day to be on vacation!

The weekend was super busy, my daughter got married on Saturday.  Gene officiated, the service and ceremony were beautiful!!!!  It was an outdoor wedding, the rain held off till the ceremony, photos, announcing of the bridal party and introduction of the new Mr & Mrs, then the first dance and the daughter/father dance - then the skys opened up and everyone had a good time playing in the rain ;-)

I'm exhausted from the week of preparations for this.  So I'm resting and recovering.

Not back to wor****il Wednesday...

Hope you all have a wonderful day...

Ida

IdaMae

bvohl
on 9/10/12 8:03 am
 GM Ida and Pa,

I saw some of the pictures that you posted on FB. It looked like a beautiful celebration!! So glad that ou have this time to rest...

Today it is the first full day of school. So far so good. Although haven't had lunch duty yet so that could change!?!? Lol.... Hopefully the rest of the day/ week will go smoothly!

Have a great day!!

Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

musicaldonna
on 9/10/12 1:19 pm - PA
Ida,

So glad that the weather cooperated for your daughter's wedding.  Also happy that you have today and tomorrow to recuperate before going back to work.  I am still job hunting.  I did not get the temporary position with the Board of Elections.  Found out about that on Thursday and really broke down.  Cried, got angry and just wanted to throw in the towel.  Luckily I have pulled myself together and am working on some possible subbing positions and studying to take the Civil Service Test.  Hoping that will make me more marketable.  This is my last week of unemployment so I am working hard to keep my anxiety under wraps.  Did get outside today and it was absolutely gorgeous.  Just trying to stay positive.  Hope that everyone had a good day.

Donna
bvohl
on 9/10/12 3:30 pm
Donna,

Things will get better!! Good things come to those who wait! I am glad to hear that you are trying to keep positive!!!

((HUGS))

Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Patricia R.
on 9/10/12 7:45 pm - Perry, MI
Hi Ida and PA,
Sorry I am painfully late today.  I was on a train to New York at 7:00 this morning.  I helped my daughter-in-law as she unloaded her car to move from their closet sized apartment in Queens to a very nice apartment near the Upper East Side of Manhattan.  They have a 10th floor apartment in a lovely building with a doorman, and an intercom phone for visitors.  We ordered Chinese takeout to be delivered, and the doorman called the apartment to confirm that we were expecting the delivery, and then let the delivery guy go to the elevator to get to our apartment.  They have more room than that closet they've lived in for years, and it's more convenient for my son's work commute.  They have a chain grocery store right across the intersection from their building.  Prices are ridiculous, but it's convenient for a lot of last minute things, like milk, bread, etc.  At dinner we walked a few blocks to a wonderful Italian restaurant they found, and the food was superb.  Then, they hailed a cab for me to get back to Penn Station to take the train back to Trenton, and then I took Septa back to Bristol.  Made parking my car this morning convenient, and getting home tonight a breeze.

I'm exhausted, and I have a bad earache.  I'm scheduled to attend a workshop tomorrow, but I may have to cancel because I want my doctor to check my ear.  I can live with a lot of pains, which I do, but I can't deal with earaches.

I hope everyone had a great day.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views